- Lest We Forget
“Lest We Forget: In Conversation with Susan Meiselas and Michele Bambling” Tribe Magazine, Issue 38. March 2016.
- IASA Journal 45-11
“Artists, Archivist, and Community,” IASA Journal, Issue 45. October 2015. 59-61
- Telematic Learning Environment
“The Telematic Learning Environment: Experiences and Outcomes Teaching via Network Audio,” IEEE conference proceedings for International Conference on Audio Language and Image Processing, June 2012.
- Affirmations of the Modern
“Acquisition as Appropriation: from the Parthenon to the Abu Dhabi Guggenheim,” Affirmations: Of the modern, 4.1, Autumn 2016.
- “Movement 2: Wind” (13:00), “Call to Prayer” (4:02), “Rain Frog” (00:40), and “work” (1:50), Framework Radio: phonography: field recording: the art of sound-hunting. January 2018.
- “Stein in Translation,” (5:51), Radiophrenia, Special Broadcast on Sound and Transmission Artwork, 87.9FM, Glasgow, UK, November 2017.
- “Composition as Exploration” A Hybrid Media Composition, that form shifts Gertrude Stein’s 1925 Essay, “Composition as Exploration.” The Eaves, October 2017.
- Women In Sound, Women on Sound (WISWOS), Website Resource of Women Sound artists and Musicians, Administrator and Curator. Ongoing
- Sound Map: A sonic mapping project that chronicles the Adan from mosques around the world. Found at dianachester.com/soundmap.html. Ongoing.
- Etsy Biennale, Group Art Show in DUBMO, Brooklyn. Had 3 pieces, Ghost, Organ, and Untitled 2016, All Gelatin Silver Prints shot on 4×5 film.
- Rub Al Khali (The Empty Quarter), Sound Design for film by French Director Sophie Bachelier, on Artists in the United Arab Emirates. April 2015.
- Kalima wa Nagham, Arabic language book authored by Nasser Isleem and Ghazi Abuhakema, Audio Book by Diana Chester, February 2015.
- Ramsah Emirati Dialect Language Book, Co-Authored by Nasser Isleem and Ayesha Al Hashemi, Audio Book by Diana Chester, April 2014.
- John Cage’s Radio Music reimagined by William David Fastenow, Performer via twitter from the Middle East, Beyond the Machine, Julliard, New York, 2012.
- Destination Somewhere, soundscape for film, previewed in the telematic concert for peace, Abu Dhabi and New York, 2012.
- Traffic Jam, Basement Records, Delhi, India, 2008 (1 piece by D. Chester)
- When Not In Your Head, People Pin Productions, New York, 2007 (8 original compositions by D. Chester dianachester.com, iTunes)
- Three Bodies, film score composition for Turkish director Elif Refig, 2006.
- Challenge Me, composed for dance, 2004.
Exhibitions & Installations
- Theyyam Ritual, Nature, and People, A walking art installation in collaboration with visual artist Dhanaraj Keezhara. February 2017 in Keezhara village, Kerala and April 2017 in Folklore Village Kannur, Kerala.
- Everyday Life: A Repertoire of Ritual and Performance: A multimedia exhibition in collaboration with Indian artist Dhanaraj Kheezara, fusing painting, drawing and spacialized sound composition in exploration of caste marginalization in Theyyam, IMA Hall, Kannur, India. December 2014.
- Adan Sonic Storyboard, An interactive installation exploring the sonic nuance of the call to prayer, fusing digital images, recorded sound, and sensor based data collection via microcontroller, Gallery 4211, Al Ain Tower, Abu Dhabi, UAE, May 2014.
- Babel, 8-channel audio installation inspired by the story of the tower of babel, co-composed with Associate Professor of Ethnomusicology Martin Daughtry, Abu Dhabi, 2011
- “Form-Shifting Gertrude Stein,” Thinking Through the Digital, Hosted by Linköping University, Sweden, December 2017
- “Found in Translation: Connecting Cultural Heritage and Community through Sight and Sound,” panel convener and chair, NonfictioNOW Conference, Hosted by the University of Iceland, Reykjavik, Iceland, June 2017.
- “Mapping the adhan, the urban soundscape of Abu Dhabi City,” Urbanisms Conference: Yale- NUS College, Singapore, April 2016.
- “How Does Modernist Work Work Where?: Art and Politics In Modern Day India,” Australian Modernist Studies Network Conference: Modernist Work, University of New South Wales, Sydney, March 2016.
- “Digital Media Archivism: Considering the Role of Creative Scholars and Artists in Preserving Cultural Heritage,” UWC Mahindra Faculty Lecture Series, October 2015.
- “Composition as Appropriation: Claim and Resist, Resist and Claim,” Australian Modernist Studies Network Conference: Transnational Modernisms, University of Sydney, Australia, December 2014.
- “Artist as Archivist,” Plenary Speaker at International Association of Sound and Audio Visual Archives Conference, Cape Town, South African, October 2014.
- “Sonic Storyboard: The Call to Prayer,” Noise From the Middle East: A Micro-Festival of Electronic Music, Abu Dhabi, UAE April 2014.
- “Art as Music: Travelling Cortex/Unravelling Core Text,” New York University Abu Dhabi Music Lecture Series, Abu Dhabi, April 2014.
- “Effective Classroom Design for Information Literacy and Learning,” Information Literacy Network of the Gulf Region, Abu Dhabi, 2012.
- “The Telematic Learning Environment: Experiences and Outcomes Teaching via Network Audio,” International Conference on Audio, Language and Image Processing, Shanghai, 2012.